Tool RPGM Ren'Py Translator for RPG Maker and RenPy(demo)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Citromdiszno

Dec 10, 2020
Hi!
I have been looking for a program for RPG Maker games that is easy to use.
Therefore I would like to try your program.
Could you add the Hungarian language?

Thank you in advance.

sicklez

Aug 12, 2020
I've tested it on this game. Re-translated mid-playthrough when 0.4 came out.

Can confirm 0.4 services item names just fine, where previous version didn't.
But it broke some translations, a lot of text that was readable before is now half-japanese. See pics 01 and 02.

It still has some enemy names in kana, as pic 03, I don't know if that's deliberate to avoid the text going 200 characters long.

To be very very clear, I am extremely grateful for the tool as-is and I don't mind if it stays this way, coming so far is already a huge favor. I'm just reporting in case you're interested.
Currently translating , I'll let you know.

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
I've tested it on this game. Re-translated mid-playthrough when 0.4 came out.

Can confirm 0.4 services item names just fine, where previous version didn't.
But it broke some translations, a lot of text that was readable before is now half-japanese. See pics 01 and 02.

It still has some enemy names in kana, as pic 03, I don't know if that's deliberate to avoid the text going 200 characters long.

To be very very clear, I am extremely grateful for the tool as-is and I don't mind if it stays this way, coming so far is already a huge favor. I'm just reporting in case you're interested.
Currently translating , I'll let you know.
Every project is unique, it is very difficult to take into account all conditions and there is no universal way, so unfortunately we encounter problems in translation. The more complex and intricate the code becomes, the more probability of new errors increases.
I am very grateful to everyone for their patience, understanding and participation, and I will try to do my best to improve the quality.

Reactions: CAT0X0 and sicklez

my5tyfixx

Dec 20, 2017
ok guys help me out here plzz...
i almost did it all. warez of all sorts, rpg maker, unren & saveeditonline just too name some. even if i struggled i got into it hua, but it seems to me i am unable to handle this genius-lookin prog which i stumbled upon a translation search yesterday.

i am aiming 4 a translation of the game LUST CITY_v1.3 (not v0.9 like in the link below)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

but before trying that out i wanted to give it a testrun on 2-3 other games first but failed in doing so. after several trials and errors i gave up cuz iam out of juice.
i could not even get a single translation of any 3 games (all ren´py!!) done and i do not understand why. first game i tried i selected the general directory of the game for translation. lets say d:\hentai\NAME OF THE GAME.
translation successful within 4s!! hhhmm thats quick i guess (cuz i read the whole thread and know that the process may take some time). in the end there were no files in the translated data directory. all the same with game 2 only that it took two seconds less o_O

my q now: what is ment excactly when it says "select the GAME folder.."??
the actual path of the main game like d:\hentai\NAME OF THE GAME or the specific game folder in the directory itself like d:\hentai\hot milfs\GAME??

nevertheless the GAME folder decision do not change the outcome for me anyways. it does not work either way!!
in addition to the game folder choice the program hints "(there should be a ´DATA´ folder)". but i can not find a DATA folder in any of my ren´py games i have searched now. NOWHERE!! in some cases a data.rpy(c) thats all. it rly suckzzz

SO WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WRONG HERE GUYS??? it seems iam brain-afk or smt luuuul :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
ok guys help me out here plzz...
i almost did it all. warez of all sorts, rpg maker, unren & saveeditonline just too name some. even if i struggled i got into it hua, but it seems to me i am unable to handle this genius-lookin prog which i stumbled upon a translation search yesterday.

i am aiming 4 a translation of the game LUST CITY_v1.3 (not v0.9 like in the link below)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

but before trying that out i wanted to give it a testrun on 2-3 other games first but failed in doing so. after several trials and errors i gave up cuz iam out of juice.
i could not even get a single translation of any 3 games (all ren´py!!) done and i do not understand why. first game i tried i selected the general directory of the game for translation. lets say d:\hentai\NAME OF THE GAME.
translation successful within 4s!! hhhmm thats quick i guess (cuz i read the whole thread and know that the process may take some time). in the end there were no files in the translated data directory. all the same with game 2 only that it took two seconds less o_O

my q now: what is ment excactly when it says "select the GAME folder.."??
the actual path of the main game like d:\hentai\NAME OF THE GAME or the specific game folder in the directory itself like d:\hentai\hot milfs\GAME??

nevertheless the GAME folder decision do not change the outcome for me anyways. it does not work either way!!
in addition to the game folder choice the program hints "(there should be a ´DATA´ folder)". but i can not find a DATA folder in any of my ren´py games i have searched now. NOWHERE!! in some cases a data.rpy(c) thats all. it rly suckzzz

SO WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WRONG HERE GUYS??? it seems iam brain-afk or smt luuuul :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'm sorry, but I haven't set up the translator for all RenPy projects yet. It handles RPG Maker games well, but RenPy is still in the early stages and may not be able to translate every game on this engine.

my5tyfixx

Dec 20, 2017
ouch that hit me hard...i really thought your prog is the solution to my recent issue. makes me sad right now and just looks like i have to find an alternative. arrrgghhh so close to finish line!!

i tried 5 other ren´py games to extent the testing phase. all with the same result. did anyone ever translated a ren´py game successful with your tool here?? or does it not work in general on renpy yet?? this is a critecal factor to know..

cuz if not your still-genius-software does not deliver what the title says than that is bad!! or at least it is extremly confusing if you have a translator 4 rpg games that works fine but does not work for renpy at all or is currently in an alpha version or smt..
the title translator for rpg maker and renpy (demo) then is not explicit enough to realize it and also kinda misleading. you should change that to avoid future cases like mine now. tx in advance and good luck with your tool sir!! ;)

greez mystii

Reactions: Steygan

toasty201

Jan 15, 2024
Hi there, thanks for this translator, i think a found a bug o something related
i have this error
1723423038472.png

I gave to the Program admin permission, i also changed the properties of the game folder and removed the read-only option. I tried changing the path where it is, to one where it doesn't require admin or any other type of permissions and the error is the same

Does anyone know the reason or what ishould do?

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Hi there, thanks for this translator, i think a found a bug o something related
i have this error
View attachment 3922360

I gave to the Program admin permission, i also changed the properties of the game folder and removed the read-only option. I tried changing the path where it is, to one where it doesn't require admin or any other type of permissions and the error is the same

Does anyone know the reason or what ishould do?
It's possible that the problem is in the file path

toasty201

Jan 15, 2024
On the screenshot you can see that the program works with the plugin folder. Did you have problems with other projects?
Nope, this is the second game i've tried, the first one is much shorter and the difference i found between the two is the size and that folder only had read permissions and in the previous game it didn't

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Nope, this is the second game i've tried, the first one is much shorter and the difference i found between the two is the size and that folder only had read permissions and in the previous game it didn't
So, umm... Here's a radical idea. It's very out of the box, coming out of the left field, I'll grant that thee...
But how about... giving 'write' permissions to the directory in question (or the whole gamedir, even!!)?!

I know, crazy after all... Sorry. :cry:
Thought I had something for a moment, but alas, was just tempo insanito...

Oopsiies. Seems I was talking out of my ass; you actually tried unchecking 'read-only'... My bad. Still, it is very suspect from the things you wrote, so that's where you have to keep digging around, methinks.

Last edited:

toasty201

Jan 15, 2024
So, umm... Here's a radical idea. It's very out of the box, coming out of the left field, I'll grant that thee...
But how about... giving 'write' permissions to the directory in question (or the whole gamedir, even!!)?!

I know, crazy after all... Sorry. :cry:
Thought I had something for a moment, but alas, was just tempo insanito...

Oopsiies. Seems I was talking out of my ass; you actually tried unchecking 'read-only'... My bad. Still, it is very suspect from the things you wrote, so that's where you have to keep digging around, methinks.

hahaha, dont worries, yep, i tried that too. Also i give to the program admin permission to read, write and override files and content and unfortunately it didn't work o_O

P.S: don't give admin permissions to anything you don't trust or know where it comes from, it was just a desperate action :HideThePain:

athanadoc05

Aug 15, 2022
Hi Steygan, and big thanks for your work !

I test your translator this morning, and unfortunately some files in "date" are not translated, like actors.json, or enemies.json.

Is that normal ?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote