Tool RPGM Ren'Py Translator for RPG Maker and RenPy(demo)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Hi Steygan, and big thanks for your work !

I test your translator this morning, and unfortunately some files in "date" are not translated, like actors.json, or enemies.json.

Is that normal ?
Hi,
Yes
Is there a reason to transfer these files?

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Maybe not. I'm really a noob in translation process.
In my test, a lot of words are not translated (Menu, character's name, etc...). I think it could be because of that.
If you mean the main menu, then there can be used images of words, not words in the form of text, and character names are not translated if the developer used plugins. Still, the automatic translation of Google can translate a special character and thus break everything

Reactions: athanadoc05
Oct 21, 2022
Hi,i used old version
After update to 0.4f ,i see there isn't translated data folder when it finish translating
Is there anything change ?
How to enable translated data on 0.4f version ?

shiion1

Mar 1, 2017
Really?
I need to check it out
Yea. The game doesnt open because (failed to load error), and in the old_data folder there is more files than the data folder. Just tried TL a game here and experience this. Once I put the files (from old_data), the game opened up, but it was in Russian instead of English.

lLegoodl

Jan 20, 2022
I am getting curpath error. It does not see the RVDATA2 files in the Data folder. How can I fix this? I also tried the Keira Quest game.

realkangtong

Jun 8, 2024
텍스트는 비어 있을 수 없습니다.

이 오류가 발생하고 번역이 진행되지 않습니다.
그리고 멈춘다
이 문제를 해결할 방법이 있나요?

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
텍스트는 비어 있을 수 없습니다.

이 오류가 발생하고 번역이 진행되지 않습니다.
그리고 멈춘다
이 문제를 해결할 방법이 있나요?
가능
곧 휴가에서 돌아와서 누적된 문제를 해결하기 위해 노력하겠습니다. 오류의 스크린샷을 첨부하는 것이 바람직합니다.

It's possible
I'll be back from vacation soon and will work on fixing the accumulated problems. It is desirable to attach a screenshot of the error.

rontremalo

Jul 29, 2021
Steygan bad bug: if you select language first, then select translation engine, it does not respect the language choice. I choose English, then DeepL, but then it translated into Russian. This actually happens to me for this game whenever I use v0.4. I'm trying v0.3, and I'm getting English translations again....

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Steygan

sicklez

Aug 12, 2020
I continue appreciating the tool, Steygan — thanks a lot!

Again, just in the spirit of reporting bugs — I see a lot of that bug where text in combat is jumbled. There's supposed to be a speech bubble, and it has just initials, like it's supposed to say "Oh no he's charging up an attack, I have to interrupt it somehow!" and it comes out
Code:
B
R
F
But I found a new interesting variation. Just tried Eclipse Fragment (BTW, demo is awesome), which has many in-battle messages, both before and after translation, and I'm pretty sure the translation is losing the first few battle messages, then working normally.
Might help spot the bug. Might be useless because that game probably uses a billion plugins.

Again, if you never update your tool again you're still awesome, I'm just telling you in case it's useful to you.

Steygan bad bug: if you select language first, then select translation engine, it does not respect the language choice. I choose English, then DeepL, but then it translated into Russian. This actually happens to me for this game whenever I use v0.4. I'm trying v0.3, and I'm getting English translations again....
I'm sorry, but no take-backsies: now you have to play the game in Russian.
And, after you learned Russian, your country might be subject to a small-scale special military operation to liberate you, since you're now a Russian speaker.

Reactions: Steygan

sicklez

Aug 12, 2020
Steygan, I think I found the bug that rontremalo was mentioning, and it's pretty bad.
First tests with DeepL, I updgraded from the original 0.4 to the latest, still 0.4 version.

I can't translate in English, only Russian.
To clarify, I switched to English immediately after opening the app, then changed to another language (not Russian) and back to English each time I changed a setting, and it still translated to Russian.
I also tested just switching from Russian before and after picking DeepL. It behaves like the check of which language to use is not in the deepL loop.

I also got an error, "file can't be empty", when dealing with the penultimate (31st) file in the data folder, Troops.json — which is not empty and got translated with no issue when I used Google (although, again, I was on the previous 0.4). Could it be a file limit on DeepL?

I hope it helps, and either way thanks forever for the tool!

Reactions: rontremalo
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote