Tool RPGM Ren'Py Translator for RPG Maker and RenPy(demo)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

sicklez

Aug 12, 2020
A question, if I may.
Would it be ok to distribute translation files produced by this program (while acknowledging the source?)

Not like, commercially. Like, in threads.

rontremalo

Jul 29, 2021
Steygan "An error has occured: cannot access local variable 'curpath' where it is not associated with a value"

No idea on this one, just tried it on this game:

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
A question, if I may.
Would it be ok to distribute translation files produced by this program (while acknowledging the source?)

Not like, commercially. Like, in threads.
I don't think there's any problem with that.
Don't forget to write about me. The more subscribers I have, the easier it is to explain to my wife that improving this program is worth pursuing

Reactions: sicklez and CAT0X0

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Steygan "An error has occured: cannot access local variable 'curpath' where it is not associated with a value"

No idea on this one, just tried it on this game:
It has to do with the organization of files in the game. The program looks for the data folder, but if it doesn't find it, or if the folder is hidden deeper than I thought, there will be an error.

rontremalo

Jul 29, 2021
It has to do with the organization of files in the game. The program looks for the data folder, but if it doesn't find it, or if the folder is hidden deeper than I thought, there will be an error.
It successfully finds the data path, regardless if I specify the folder containing the 'data' folder, or the 'data' folder itself.
The error happens when I press "Start." I suspect it may be an encoding issue on the pathname: 操心の魔導具

I was able to translate other games before, that were contained in kanji/kana folders, and with kanji/kana filenames.... The data folder looks entirely typical.

Would you like a mega of the game? Please advise how to proceed.

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
It successfully finds the data path, regardless if I specify the folder containing the 'data' folder, or the 'data' folder itself.
The error happens when I press "Start." I suspect it may be an encoding issue on the pathname: 操心の魔導具

I was able to translate other games before, that were contained in kanji/kana folders, and with kanji/kana filenames.... The data folder looks entirely typical.

Sure, give me the link, I'll try to solve this problem

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
360_Fk.jpg

I've considered various options for creating an in-game assistance system and chose the most stable, albeit not the most elegant, method, with the main priority being that it does not break the game.

For testing purposes, changes have been added to the money and reward systems for completing quests and starting funds, all adjusted to increase the amount of money by +9999999.

Place the file in the game folder, run it, and check the functionality.

As always, I recommend making a backup of the "data" folder before using it

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018

Everything works well. Rename the folder to EN characters
this folder appears like this for me 4 202705.png

rontremalo

Jul 29, 2021
Everything works well. Rename the folder to EN characters
this folder appears like this for me View attachment 3831280
Thank you for digging a bit deeper on this. It does not display as mojibake for me in Linux. And other games which render as kana have translated fine. In the system dialog, when it loads, it renders the kana correctly in Wine. Attached is a screenshot. When I use "Google" as the target, and not DeepL, the translation process begins as normal. Ah. If I select DeepL, it is also working for me now.

I cannot reproduce the bug! I will let you know if I encounter it again.

ghost166

Jun 4, 2024
Is Turkish language support available?
I use mtool, but it breaks the sentence structure a lot.

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Is Turkish language support available?
I use mtool, but it breaks the sentence structure a lot.
I add languages when there is a request. I can add any language that google or deepl supports. I would like to add that the translation speed depends on your internet connection and the load of these translators' services
In the next update, which I plan to post within a week, I will add Turkish language.

Reactions: ghost166

ghost166

Jun 4, 2024
I add languages when there is a request. I can add any language that google or deepl supports. I would like to add that the translation speed depends on your internet connection and the load of these translators' services
In the next update, which I plan to post within a week, I will add Turkish language.
Thank you very much. I hope you find the support you want.

yukise18

Jun 30, 2021
Hi there, first of all thank you very much for this tool, its incredibly easy to use and it just works,
though I have a question, why does it skip some .json files? these 10 out of 34 files didn't get translated, I checked in the game and yeah, character names and items were still in japanese.
For reference, I used both google and deepl, but I guess its not a problem on that end since it didnt matter.

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Hi there, first of all thank you very much for this tool, its incredibly easy to use and it just works,
though I have a question, why does it skip some .json files? these 10 out of 34 files didn't get translated, I checked in the game and yeah, character names and items were still in japanese.
For reference, I used both google and deepl, but I guess its not a problem on that end since it didnt matter.
You are absolutely right. Some files it does not translate in program version 0.3... but this shameful flaw will be fixed in a later update. I added translations for items, armor and weapons. I also fixed the crooked line spacing

Naiv

Dec 26, 2018
My translation is stuck on 56/75. The json file is only 2mb and I've left the program alone for days to no avail. It works for other games so idk

rontremalo

Jul 29, 2021
Feature request: based on current characters translated/second, and knowledge of the remaining characters to translate in a particular json file, please give a time estimate to completion. I sat waiting for one file to translate, forever. It used 200k on my DeepL, but it was destroying my CPU locally (single thread, are you spin locking or polling, waiting for completion? You should just sleep...) So I had to terminate it.

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Feature request: based on current characters translated/second, and knowledge of the remaining characters to translate in a particular json file, please give a time estimate to completion. I sat waiting for one file to translate, forever. It used 200k on my DeepL, but it was destroying my CPU locally (single thread, are you spin locking or polling, waiting for completion? You should just sleep...) So I had to terminate it.
Next update I will try to compile for linux
I'll see what I can come up with. I'll do the interface one day. Right now the main thing is to set up the translation correctly.I made the drawing of dots as a representation of the translation of each sentence, just to see that the program is working.

Reactions: rontremalo
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote