VN Ren'Py Pure Harem - Paranormalia [Prologue] [Cyansun]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
4 - Is the Harem optional?: The series is named Pure Harem
kek. did people seriously ask if harem is optional in a game literally named "pure harem"?
Relating to some of the issues brought up here.
Honestly I felt they are exaggerated.
is the art in this game perfect? obviously not. but nothing is perfect and perfect is the enemy of good.

This game's art is better than 99% of the games on this site which just feature a screencap from koikatsu or honey select

And you are still improving too! The sample comparison image in that post is showing a great improvement.

Reactions: b3488c87

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
4 - Is the Harem optional?: The series is named Pure Harem because it's the foundation of everything. Most of your options will be related to how you'll treat the different factions and which direction the world will go. I don't want to add too many moving parts to the story since it's my first game. Having too many routes will end up bogging the development cycle and reduces the amount of progress per update. I'll focus on branching the story itself instead multiple routes to account for each girls on top of that. I don't think many people would exclude more than 1/6 of the animated sex scenes unless the character itself was a detestable mess.
I understand that this can be off-putting to some so I'll be upfront about it. I think it's better to have some trust and transparency between the developer and the players.
I'll make sure none of the characters have a rotten personality. My goal is to make the relationships rather wholesome instead of non-stop ball busting and cat-fights.
Well, if you've been here enough, and I assume you have, you'll know that having Harem in the title means nothing, in fact, most times it is a bad sign :KEK:.

But yeah, in most game I often find at least one or two women that are awfully unlikeable or just not appealing because of her looks or the fetishes they entail(femdom,lesbian,etc) and avoiding them makes the game actually enjoyable for me. Its not like all harem games are kinetic and force everyone onto you, most give you the option to reject someone if you dont want them in the harem.

I understand it is too much work and will check the game anyway, I was asking because I saw no kinetic tag in planned tags and that usually means you get to make choices about the LI.

Good luck

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Well, if you've been here enough, and I assume you have, you'll know that having Harem in the title means nothing, in fact, most times it is a bad sign :KEK:.
Very true. I literally just came across a game called "hand holding" which is an NTR
Having anything wholesome in the name is like a country being named "people's democratic republic".

HOWEVER, this one game seems to be the exception so far. and is genuinely a harem, and it is also very pure and wholesome.
I might be giving too much credit, but I suspect the question was related more to, "are the girls in the harem optional", meaning can I choose who is in it, or do I have to take everyone the Dev says.
But yeah, in most game I often find at least one or two women that are awfully unlikeable or just not appealing because of her looks or the fetishes they entail(femdom,lesbian,etc) and avoiding them makes the game actually enjoyable for me. Its not like all harem games are kinetic and force everyone onto you, most give you the option to reject someone if you dont want them in the harem.
Ah ok, that makes more sense.
Yea, being able to pass on a specific girl does make sense.

Reactions: AkiranGaming

sigvar

Sep 5, 2021
This was a very good example of a proper prologue. We have a starting setup with enough interaction to get some relevant backstory, but not a wall of exposition. You get enough of a sense of the story to be interested in what happens next.

About the sex, btw. I don't know if I have ever seen an AVN that had thrust sounds that matched the animation. Might not seem like much, but it was noticeable. The glistening of the genitals and the lack of egregious clipping was also an extremely welcome detail.

I would say, though, that with all the quality I just mentioned, the dev might want to look into using more than just the music channel for the audio. There was a decided lack of sound when they were reacting to the doorbell or knocking which didn't really fit with some of the sound that existed for other elements.

The fact that those are my only real complaints speaks to how slick this first look was. I am looking forward to more of this one!

Reactions: harem.king

ilon55

Jan 11, 2019
Pure... kinetic novel so far.
Seems like dev hates technicalities (that's good thing) just a pity that those related to kinetic novels aren't included. Choices during sex scenes don't count....

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes