5.00 star(s) 13 Votes
Jul 15, 2024
Hey dev I'm curious how many people working with this project?
If it's not personal then please gimme an answer, and dw if you can't it's totally understandable.

Also my friendly advice those who gave you and will going to give you 5 start or 4 star rating then please like their reviews they will appreciate it!

Hahahaha--*ahem*:Kappa:

Last edited:

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Hey dev I'm curious how many people working with this project?
If it's not personal then please gimme an answer, and dw if you can't it's totally understandable.

Also my friendly advice those gave you and will going give you 5 start or 4 star rating then please like their reviews I'm their will appreciate it!

Hahahaha--*ahem*:Kappa:
Hey :ROFLMAO: <- non standard emoticon ...

:D

Sure I can. The only person who is working on this game is me :p

About the like for the reviews... i thought it would be unfair if I only like those that gave me good review hahahaha :D
But I'll think about it :) I need to first carefully think how I would respond to the trolling reviews that would inevitably come :)

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
I've read peuir's review, and wow, thank you peuir for still liking it despite your confusion m(_ _)m

To be honest, I completely understand if the reader is confused at this point, especially the prologue. I, as the writer, usually can only answer with "ummm *damn it, how do i describe what the prologue is about 0_0;;;*" when my RL friends who haven't played it asked me "what is it about?" :ROFLMAO:

The funny thing is, another reviewer actually managed to describe the general gist of the story better than i am :D the first reviewer (pemoj) gave a succinct, to the point, and correct summary of the overall plot up to the prologue :D

the other reviewers also gave a mostly correct (about 90%) summary of what is happening on the chapters afterward hahaha

and I'm really really grateful that you enjoyed my writing...the part that i'm most worried about...especially for the next update 0_0;;;

again, thank you very much for your very kind review and still enjoying it despite the confusing parts :D

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
I've been trying to think how to properly reply to CraneZ's very thorough, very kind review for a day, and I'm still coming out blank hahahaha:D So this reply is more like a stream of thought, and not really a well thought out answers:D
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Again, thank you very very very much for the review 0__0 it was very thorough and hopefully would bring more people to try it :D

Reactions: CraneZ and Maviarab

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Here's the weekly progress post from my patreon :D

TLDR :
  • unfortunately, not much done on the writing part (only +316 word for yesterday). I don't really want to be thought as sympathy farming or anything, so I'll leave out the reason in patreon :p, and beside, its not that interesting anyway :D
  • The renders that are acceptable and doesn't need more adjustments are still at 63 (minus 1), + several rough poses and camera angles (i think there's about 7 main poses done that i still need to adjust the background and lighting. these usually grow by a factor of about 1.5 because these main poses usually gets expanded with minor pose change to punctuate the dialogue)
The post is public, but i'll put the included sketches here anyway:D
HS2_2024-09-11-06-10-22-741.png HS2_2024-09-09-09-53-47-345.png

Thanks!

Last edited:

RED_FOX001

Sep 1, 2024
Here's the weekly progress post from my patreon :D

TLDR :
  • unfortunately, not much done on the writing part (only +316 word for yesterday). I don't really want to be thought as sympathy farming or anything, so I'll leave out the reason in patreon :p, and beside, its not that interesting anyway :D
  • The renders that are acceptable and doesn't need more adjustments are still at 63 (minus 1), + several rough poses and camera angles (i think there's about 7 main poses done that i still need to adjust the background and lighting. these usually grow by a factor of about 1.5 because these main poses usually gets expanded with minor pose change to punctuate the dialogue)
The post is public, but i'll put the included sketches here anyway:D
View attachment 4020810 View attachment 4020813

Thanks!
Dude you literally use this emoji too much.....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ledha

Jul 12, 2019
I "finished" the current content and this is one of the most impressive work i ever seen here. Wonderful aesthetic, characters, lore building, story and mechanics. Good job.

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
I "finished" the current content and this is one of the most impressive work i ever seen here. Wonderful aesthetic, characters, lore building, story and mechanics. Good job.

Thank you ledha :D

That is a really high praise 0_0 one that makes me very happy, but also a bit wary if i could achieve the same standard for the next update hahaha :oops:

Again, thank you very much for trying it and letting me know that you liked it. Every person that liked this game means a lot to me :D

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Hi RED_FOX001 :ROFLMAO:

I'm really happy that you liked the game:oops:.

On the contrary, your review did give me an important input 0_0. During development, I had an idea where the user can mouse over the terms that are not to be taken literally ("Sister", "Flower", "Frogs", etc) when the characters are not using human language and it will show what it actually meant. But then I scrapped the idea because I thought it would be too much of a spoiler :D

Based on your review, where it was almost the deciding factor whether you would have continued playing it, that puts that "wiki" like feature back on the "polishes that are feasible to code and might be useful to implement if I have the time" list :giggle:

Thanks for still giving it a very high score despite the inconvenience m(_ _)m

oh no, i can't resist it anymore 0__0...my fingers hunger to type that certain emote... :D :D :D :D :D

Feb 21, 2023
Oof. That was one hell of a first update (and for a first VN no less).
First and foremost: That intro was absolute fire. Pure cinema. The effects and how the scene slowly develops and escalates is an excellent buildup for suspense.
The style of the 'hub' is quite interesting. We will see how intuitive it will be when there is much more content though.
Still a few seldom typos (and I think I saw the font color mismatch once, will have to go back and check that out again) but overall quite well written and constructed.
It is quite easy to immerse yourself in the world with how much the 'divine beings' try to distance themselves from any semblance of humanity. The idea with the extra lines of writing for the dialogue is perfect for that. Really liked that.

If I had to criticize anything, I think a bit more soundscape could help overall, not just with the intro. Everything else was so meticulously worked on that it really surprised me how little sound there was. This for once can of course help suspense in the 'horror' aspect, but I think some effects would still do the immersion good. A good example would be the neck snapping right in the intro, just something I personally thought would fit.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any formal training in art, and neither the real talent for it. I think I have improved a lot since my first drafts, but hard work will never be able to cover for talent :p
No. There is talent right there. I know because I would not be able to do much of that with work alone at all. This is really well made and thought out. Are you writing this alone or is there someone helping you with all the ideas in here?

You know a first update is good when you can already theorycraft around it.
The way we can't be entirely sure if we are a divine being tainted by human essence or a human corrupted by the divines is interesting and to me a fresh take on cosmic (or 'lovecraftian') horror, even if it already sways more heavily in one direction for the reader. But it might still be very interesting to see how the characters' development will go along and how this will affect them on that journey.

TLDR: Great first release. Really excited to see more of this. Keep up the great work :)

RED_FOX001

Sep 1, 2024
First and foremost: That intro was absolute fire. Pure cinema. The effects and how the scene slowly develops and escalates is an excellent buildup for suspense.
The style of the 'hub' is quite interesting. We will see how intuitive it will be when there is much more content though.
Still a few seldom typos (and I think I saw the font color mismatch once, will have to go back and check that out again) but overall quite well written and constructed.
It is quite easy to immerse yourself in the world with how much the 'divine beings' try to distance themselves from any semblance of humanity. The idea with the extra lines of writing for the dialogue is perfect for that. Really liked that.

If I had to criticize anything, I think a bit more soundscape could help overall, not just with the intro. Everything else was so meticulously worked on that it really surprised me how little sound there was. This for once can of course help suspense in the 'horror' aspect, but I think some effects would still do the immersion good. A good example would be the neck snapping right in the intro, just something I personally thought would fit.

No. There is talent right there. I know because I would not be able to do much of that with work alone at all. This is really well made and thought out. Are you writing this alone or is there someone helping you with all the ideas in here?

The way we can't be entirely sure if we are a divine being tainted by human essence or a human corrupted by the divines is interesting and to me a fresh take on cosmic (or 'lovecraftian') horror, even if it already sways more heavily in one direction for the reader. But it might still be very interesting to see how the characters' development will go along and how this will affect them on that journey.

TLDR: Great first release. Really excited to see more of this. Keep up the great work :)
Yup, yup, and yup!

You're absolutely right my friend!

What not write this as a review?

Reactions: garbage.kun

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018

OOF!! Wow... I'm ...speechless to be honest to get such a wonderful response.

The second "oof" is that this definitely doesn't help with my anxiety hahaha. I hope I won't disappoint you too much on the coming update. The first update has the advantage of having no time limit for me to pore through almost every detail and almost daily polishing:p

Just kidding. Thank you very very much for the very high praises 0_0a

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yeah, regarding the soundscape, I totally agree. Although I do try to avoid too much sound/ambience/bgm in order to make the scenes that have them more impactful, I totally agree that I need more. Currently I've found a candidate for the ambiance bgm for the "hub", but i still don't have any luck of finding free music that really fits my vision (female solo vocal with almost no instrument). The crows really need some SFX though hahaha, and we'll see if i can edit some free audio clips for future updates.

Hmm, thank you very much, but I think my art score on my old report cards would beg to differ ahahha :D But, I do admit, I have an very active imagination and the curse of being overly perfectionist. My knowledge in art is limited to "put the objects on those thirds line", "dutch angle makes people feel uneasy" :p . Personally, I think, more than talent, its that curse that give Divinity some edge.

If I could find some help, I would be a much happier coder hahaha. Unfortunately, no, the plot points are mine. Some settings and ideas are inspired by a lot of other works though (Warhammer 40K which...in a way is also lovecraftian, Paradise Lost (I haven't actually read the whole book, i just read the characters description), Screwtape Letters (just partly), and basic world history). I do use grammar tool to fix and expand the vocabulary and idioms in the sentences though.

I'm really glad you enjoyed that part 0_0 it is something that i tried to emphasize (with difficulties), although sometime i think i put in too much hahaha:D thinking about how to solve the question of "those divine beings aren't human! they won't nod to say they agree...make them do something else!" is something that is both fun, but also nerve wracking in making sure they are all consistent when i polish them hahaha:D

You might have read this in my other posts, but truly, thank you very much for liking my work. Personally, it really means a lot to me.

Thank you! :D

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023
Yup, yup, and yup!

You're absolutely right my friend!

What not write this as a review?
I rarely make early reviews. Especially with some experimental things in it. The first update under at least a little pressure is always a good indicator on where the dev takes it and how they roll. Not meant as a slight against the VN itself. It's just how I prefer to do things. Rest assured I certainly will write a review for this. Likely with the next update. I like to see some more development to make my judgement. Seen many changes especially in first works and I like to include such things.
Cheers =)

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
I rarely make early reviews. Especially with some experimental things in it. The first update under at least a little pressure is always a good indicator on where the dev takes it and how they roll. Not meant as a slight against the VN itself. It's just how I prefer to do things. Rest assured I certainly will write a review for this. Likely with the next update. I like to see some more development to make my judgement. Seen many changes especially in first works and I like to include such things.
Cheers =)
No prob :D

I'm already happy that you liked the first update. Yeah, I have to admit, the next update is quite a difficult one, considering:
  • there is a time constraint for it, although relatively self imposed. I'm not the kind to really follow a set schedule (already left the corpo world, not really keen on going back hahaha)
  • it contains several plot points that needs to be reached, and needed to be worded very carefully
  • it contains a lot of dynamic situations
  • and, the hardest of them all, making sure that a change in a character's stance on something feels somewhat make sense

I prefer to be open about it how I plan to do my update, so you might have to wait at least 1-2 more months 0_0;; and that is if i could keep the pace on the writing. the renders are working out okay-ish, but it is the writing that is going much slower than i hoped :D

thanks! :D

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 13 Votes