VN - Ren'Py - A Mother's Love [Part 1-14 Plus] [OrbOrigin]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Abaddon Doom

So many 5 star reviews...however, in my opinion, this is a long way from 5 stars.
    I hit a 'Game Over' screen multiple times at the very start [whilst sneaking out of my girlfriends room] because I didn't click fast enough on a screen prompt, and then another 'Game Over' when I agreed to accept the mother's financial bribe, to stay away from her daughter. I was close to giving up at this point.
    But the protagonist is a slimy, creepy, twisted sort of pervert, who blackmails his way into the mother's pants...it's all very crude and unromantic. To be honest, I felt ashamed of myself to be playing the game at all...I started questioning my own morality.
    The writing is rubbish, the story nonsensical at times, the gamer-girl who can read minds is just ludicrous!
    5 stars?...never in a month of Sundays.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Raptor74

It started fine and was really good in someplaces. My favorite episode was the beach episode when both mc and nicole was having most fun though the developer turned even that period in guilt trip for them. Frankly I don’t get it, it starte of corrupting a married woman to fall for you but now it is becoming a harem game for- John??? I mean man even an anime protagonist have less superpower than john. And he is now going to fuck mc's mom. I really feel bad only for mc's dad. Nicole is not an interesting charachter she folds easily. Chloe has bad taste in men mc and beeman even with spell or whatever. Also what is the explanation of magic?? Only marylin can use it and no one in the world? What type of magic is that? Abigail story had no connection. Beeman storyline was stupid. Only good thing about this game had been mc and nicole's sex scene but it is getting less and less as the game progresses. Maybe the developer should just change the game and make John mc frankly because he has a better storyline then mc. Like harvey weinstein.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

godscoper

review will change depends on next future updates
    It was a decent game up until the end of the update.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

sebnic

Exciting story and very well told. Great characters. Impossible not to empathize with him and her. Unfortunately it seems like we are close to the end and I don't want it to end!!!

When it's finished, it deserves a remake!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Sedaisan

Obviously, everyone has an opinion. Mine is that this AVN rocks. I love the story, the characters, and the mystery.

There are A LOT of choices that have major impact on the story. Props for that alone. Lots of branching paths!

At its heart it's a love story. I am super rooting for the MC and Nicole to have a happy ending. I hope the dev takes care of them, because I've become attached. If the dev can close this one out with a happy end, I would put this AVN on an S-Tier list. The renders are good, the sex is hot, and characters are deep /intriguing.

Minor gripes... The story goes against the grain on some tropes, which some may not like. I wish the MCs penis was a little more detailed. No music (however there is a walkthrough mod that fixes this rather well).

All in all, what sets this one apart is the slow build love story and the variety of choices that encourage multiple saves and replays. Also, the option to impregnate. Other developers fail to take on this challenge and just tack it on an ending, so big big kudos to that!

Good luck dev! Doing a great job!
  6. 1.00 star(s)

cumsumnida

Story is a corruption one, really paint by the numbers kind of thing.

This game started developed 5 years ago and it looks rough. Everything looks extremely dated and the animations can barely be called that.

Recommend skipping this one.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

DrongFrog

A mother's love is a decent game with nice-looking characters for the most part. The story itself is good but has faltered over the course of updates, as if the author wrote themselves into a corner and isn't sure how to progress. However, I really hope they can pull it back. On the topic of the writing, there are spelling errors scattered throughout, as well as some sentence structure oddities that, while not distracting from the overall story, are noticeable at times and pull you out of the moment. Visually, there isn't much to say; it looks alright but could be better or worse. The set dressing is nice, and character models look decent, though many renders suffer from poor scene lighting. Numerous scenes in dark environments were poorly lit, making it difficult to discern what was being shown. Overall, I would recommend the game if the premise and visuals appeal to you. Rating: 3.5/5.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

LucienEvansX

Started out fine, but got really stale and beyond the writers abilities. Where to start I honestly could complain about the MC being a bitch, that Marilyn is is still relevant to the story, that Beeman is apparently a superhuman with more plot armor than a webnovel protagnist, or that we have to see John's and the MC's dad stupid faces at all. However, all those pale in comparison to the fact that the plot has gotten really repetitive revolve around a single villain John. Now the story has dragged around where the MC always thinks he's close to getting John only for him to find out that he's nowhere near that and a cliff ending. This has gone on and on for a few chapters now. That and the cartoony nature of John (don't see how people think he's particularly smart) make the story dull. At this point even Nicole, one of the best MILF models, is not enough for me to come back. Now I hope someone can take Nicole and put her in a better game.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

N0madS0uL

When this game started I thought it was pretty kinky and good. However we are talking about what 2019? The fact that it is still going boggles my mind.

That being said, I believe its time to conclude this "affair", more like take this old dinosaur out back and plug it.

The game is old and looks old, plays old and was based on what was alright at the time. Really, this game has nothing going for it save a pretty good looking MILF.

The other characters are mostly ugly and boring and the plot itself was never very good and has been drawn out to create some sort of intrigue....guess what...it was slightly for maybe the first 5 parts then it really just became more of the same.

Writing was never bad but also not very good, I also believe due to this games age, much of the game should have been reworked including the dialogue, but it was just left to carry on as a milking cow for the developer IMO.
    Rating is poor now, simply because there is much better out there. TBH, these ratings need to expire IMO or have an archive date so new players can know what they walking into. Here is a lot of vanilla stuff with a lot more reading for those who are really angry at themselves...
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Ravenquartz

[SHORT REVIEW] [SPOILER ALERT]

A Mother’s Love is not your average adult game, it is actually a thriller themed AVN.

At first, I thought this game was just a normal corruption game. But the longer I play it, the more I question everything, including myself. Am I the bad guy here? Was everything I did right? Should I have just listened to Nicole’s offers and taken the money? But if I took the money and stop seeing Chloe, she then would’ve become Mr. Beeman’s victim which is worse than death. If I managed to convince Nicole to do my biddings, it means that I am cheating on Chloe. John, Nicole’s wife and Chloe’s dad, isn’t what people think about him. He’s also cheating on his wife but Nicole always praises him high despite not knowing what’s happening behind her back. Not only cheating, he’s also a madman in the business. At this point, all you have to do is to keep both Chloe and Nicole from John and Beeman. But questions after questions always showing up, how do I plan to keep them both? How much secrecy do I have to lay on every actions I’ll make? What if I get caught in the middle of the act?. The MC also happen to join John’s real estate company, just to investigate his unusual behaviors. He is right, nothing seems right in this city, everyone is keeping a very dark secret.

Four stars for now because I really want to see how the endings will play out in the future. Oh, also I hate Marylin, she's annoying as hell.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Consistently_1nconsistent

This is properly good. Well balanced storytelling with simple choices that have minor but meaningful outcomes. I didn't expect the story be so full of intrigue involving the character, John. Genuinely hope he gets what's coming to him in the end. I can't stand when evil characters are free to abuse good characters in a story and I think it would probably ruin the VN for me if he gets away with this actions. I also hope the Dev has thought of something more than Stockholm Syndrome or a magical orgasmic cock to reason out why he can continue to get away with what he does and why so many women let him do it.

Anyways, this is such a good story that I'm going through it again to unlock the NTR content for Chloe. I'm curious if that changes anything in the main story or not. This has truly become one of my favorite titles and while I wish the MC had a little more backbone with regards to his parents keeping secrets from him that seem to go deeper than the events currently in the end of this, I found him to be quite likeable. The models are excellent, animations are decent and I only experienced a few errors. Good work.

As always I wish the best for the Dev in this endeavor and I plan to contribute when I can. Leave a review in favor or against. Give good feedback to help the dev out and if you liked this VN consider throwing a bit of cash their way.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

aruzen19

Even though "A Mother's Love" seemed kinda silly story with all its crazy stuff going on, I gotta admit, I kinda liked it for some reason. Some parts felt like they were just there to stretch out the story, like that whole weird part of the nurse, the history teacher and the vase of ashes. The interactions with the side characters were odd, and they were so over-the-top that they didn't really grab my interest: Chloe is cute but too innocent, Marilyn is funny but annoying, Silvia's way too submissive, and the bad guy is just plain gross (I can't stand that guy).
    The visual aspect is of average quality, with some short animations for the sex scenes. There's no music or sound effects, and the dialogue has some typos. But despite all the flaws, this visual novel somehow hits you right in the feels. Nicole's character is the highlight for me - at first this voluptuous beauty may seem severe but deep down she possesses sweetness, motherly love, and that mix of innocence and seduction that makes her a captivating character. The forbidden love story between the MC and Nicole is what keeps you hooked, even through all the silliness with the other characters.
    Overall, "A Mother's Love" is a decent adult visual novel. The romance between Nicole and the MC really tugs at your heartstrings, so after finishing part 13 (I did the low-corrupt route) I'm eager to know the outcome of their story.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

futurezombie007

Love the Game has to be one of the best i have played in awhile i was very happy when the creator decided to come back and finish the game like the story and the dynamic between nicole and mc and chloe as well hate burman and john the story is intresting and its taking a good turn
  14. 5.00 star(s)

wintersolstice121

Somehow i thought this game was abandoned but VOILA! How did i not see this one?? Guess i've been away for too long
    This game's practically the best netori/corruption game I've read, I'd give this around my top 5. Nicole's so goddamn irresistible and I just love how she gets so meek and feisty.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

retardman69

One of the best Netori games I've ever played. The renders are amazing and the story flows so smoothly with also having consequences for your actions such as the Girlfriend being taken by the fat teacher and making interactions in the GF's family awkward. 15/10
  16. 3.00 star(s)

kweeks1

I'm giving it 3 1/2 Stars. This was pretty good about 2/3 of the way through Parts 1 - 13, but it just kind of falls apart near the end. The plot was interesting then it kind of jumps the shark and I just got tired of it and just started clicking through. There are a lot of choices in it but it doesn't seem to make a difference on what you pick because they all loop back to the same plot location again other then some different dialog. The story has several good looking women but you're still forced to be with be with with girlfriends mom. The story is really log and you really get bogged down with meaningless dialog. The dialog is written by a non-english speaking but other then a few mistakes for the most part you can understand what they are trying to say.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

vivaloveyou

If I had to choose the top 3 erotic games I've played, this game would definitely be on the list, Nicole is definitely my favorite female, I've never seen such an attractive female in any other game!

I would rate this game 5 stars for the plot, models, and dialog, but of course, it's not perfect, the lack of music is the biggest regret, and the animations are rather average!

But still, this game has become my favorite game of all time!
  18. 5.00 star(s)

ldarker

It is a great game, without a doubt one of my favorites, it has a very catching story, erotic and dramatic which makes a perfect mix. According to the route that I followed, I loved the relationship that is formed between Nicole and the protagonist.
    Undoubtedly the strength of this game is the development of characters, especially Nicole with the mc in addition to maintaining the suspense at all times of what is going to happen.
    Through the sexual scenes it manages to convey the desire and love between Nicole and the protagonist which makes it a top game, if there is a point that would be great to be improved would be the animations, but that would be asking for perfection, otherwise excellent :)
  19. 2.00 star(s)

Demoness_Kiss

Reviewing Part 1-13 Plus

Premise: I did the low-corrupt route trying to harem-it(basically having all the ladies for MC)

The Good

- Nicole is absolutely breathtaking beautiful, her model isn't used enough in DAZ-based games and it's a shame, overall she is a wonderful character, sure rocky start but it's pretty much the beginning of her story as "MC's lover"
    - The premise of the plot, the whole "i'm willing to be your date, if you break up with my daughter" thing
    - Abigail, like her whole being, she is just a fantastic character

- MC may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but it's a good underdog character, sometimes he felt like the only reasonable character(aside Nicole and Abigail and even then, both ladies have their "bad moments") in the whole game

The Annoying

- Marilyn: holy hell, Marilyn is one of the most annoying comic-relief i've dealt with. In a story placed in a modern era world(basically a replica of our current society), she is magical, she has powers, why? Unknown, she apparently is MC's childhood friend and her thing is "Being horny for Nicole" and "Make MC the butt of every joke ALWAYS". I dealt with my fair-share of not-funny-but-supposed-to-be-funny characters, but she wins for being the unfunniest ever.
    - Chloe: Why? Her absence, that's the annoying thing, MC's girlfriend is pretty much nonexistent in my low corruption route, she is supposed to cheat on MC, but never happened to me, so maybe she has more scene there...but she is very irrilevant for being MC's gf...it's just sad
    - You need to do some mental gymnastic to accept some of the things happening in the story, like Marilyn being psychic, or Chloe looking like Nancy...for some reason(despite having no relation)
    - So many side-characters that literally either make no sense to have them, or they're so boring that you may as well skip through their screentime...

The Bad

- The whole evil plot, both John's and Beeman's, they're caricature-like villains, their plots are overly complicated, and felt dragged a lot, like too many obstacles for an average guy like MC, with no peculiar talent, which may work for a mandatory NTR-story(i don't like it...but MEH, i guess NTR-fans like to see people losing, so it would make sense to have a powerful nearly invincible rival) where the MC is supposed to lose a lot, but the obstacles are so overly complicated that it's ridiculous, and yet MC overcomes them, because? Plot-armor. I mean in Part13 we literally have Nicole shooting Beeman in his chest, while the guy is using Chloe has a human shield, and somehow only Beeman has a bullet hole, Chloe is unharmed. What i mean is that the villains have plan B, C, D and E, while MC pretty much improvises and fails multiple times and still gets some wins...which is cool but at the same time, he wins for some reason, like the laws of physics changing just for him or something.
    - MC can be so bloody dumb sometimes, like offensively stupid, like beyond being dumb in a realistic way, sometimes he goes down to -100 of IQ and like i said: still succeeds in uncovering the bad guys' plans.
    - John's despite being described like a good-looking man, he looks awful, massive jaw, caricature-like evil-smile, his forehead is pretty much 75% of his skull, and wears a Mohawk-like mullet...this guy looks like a caricature for real, and somehow the game insists that even without blackmailing, managed to score a woman like Nicole (btw Chloe doesn't look like either Nicole or John, not even same race as Chloe looks half Asian or something while Nicole and John look Caucasians).
    - Maybe the worst thing of this list: how the plot feels dragged and relies on cheap clichés to go on. You can cut half of the content, and it would still make sense and have a good pace.

Conclusion

This game is one of those that isn't aging well...if you focus on the love-drama, the game is good, but everything in between, like the "whole John is ruining people's lives" or the "Beeman is obsessed with Chloe"(despite the fact that i like Abigail as a character, and her story is part of Beeman's obsession for Chloe), they feel overly long, dragged, poorly paced, not very interesting, even more when you switch back and forth between storylines, for the sake of making an example, it would be like using a taxi to go to work, but the driver will only drive 100 meters before forcing you to call another taxi-driver who will also drive only for 100 meters and so on until you're at work but by then, you spent a fortune in money to pay the drivers, and you're so late that the workplace is closing for the day, that's how it feels, you get what you wanted, but wasted a lot of time, and the final result isn't very satisfying because you compromised a lot...
  20. 2.00 star(s)

wrs_supernova

This is a review mostly of the "non ntr" route. I lost interest in the game before trying the second run...

This game started as a 4/5 and even 5/5 sometimes.
    The initial Netori with "mom-in-law" was good, sometimes great, but it felt like it was dropped off too soon.
    The game feels like forcing you to give up on your GF, but not apparent consequences come from not doing that. That was a good point in the beginning, because it would feel less interesting with Nicole if you no longer were dating her daughter. (I may mistake some names here, been a few days since I played it last). But the constant reminding of living apart and etc becomes annoying, and it looks like at some point it may take out your agency of choosing.
    The MC also feels really like a brat sometimes, really stupid choices/dialogues and or even worse, the lack of action.
    The whole Beeman's interactions make him look like dumb (the scene saving his wife even more.
    Oh, by the way, are there some "speed checks" that are supposed to be always fail? I didn't bother to try much, but some 'minigames' felt like you were supposed to lose. That's mostly an obvious sign of bag game design.
    Also, after some time, I felt like my actions/choices didn't even matter that much. Ofc, there are some game overs and route branching choices, but a few times I went back and chosen differently and got basically the same thing, with just a little bit of different flavor.

Most of the scenes with Nicole and the few scenes with your GF were really good in my opinion. I really liked them, which made me endure the game a lot more.

But after some progression, I felt like reading a lot and not getting much information, not even context. So I gave up (a little a bit after joining John's enterprise or the graduation ceremony, I don't remember now). I just paused sometimes to get the overall context.
    I didn't even feel like I wasted much...

Another thing that started bothering me is seeing so many scenes about John.
    MC wasn't even there. That retarded face/creep expression they chose to give him just makes any of his appearances bothersome. Can't stand the guy.
    That actually might make him a good NTR npc, but since I haven't tried it yet, can't say. Seriously, I started skipping every time I saw that face basically haha

In the end, the story lost its appeal and the initial netori was abandoned/lost its purpose, to me. I don't like the choices I'm given, and even less the stupid choices/dialogues the MC decides for himself.
    GF and mom-in-law scenes are great, but that alone won't make me stay.
    There are some interesting female side characters, but they aren't well-used from my perspective.
    The options of saving Beeman's wife were really stupid (if some head trauma does something to MC, totally deserved).
    John might actually be a great "villain", but that face is just disgusting, and too creep to look at lol

So, what started as an incredible game, went down too hard.
    No longer feel like I can make impactful choices in the game and lost interest in the plot as consequence.
    I usually play from a first perspective, so NTR is usually not my thing.
    I'll give this some time and may try to play the NTR options from a third perspective view, which might be more enjoyable in the way things are progressing right now.

Sometimes I feel like John should have been the protagonist xD