Ren'Py Summer Break (Incest, Shota, AI, 2DCG, Pixel) [Development Thread]

theyakuzi

Jun 4, 2021
Keep in mind everything you see in this thread is still WORK IN PROGRESS
1725151042721.png

Hello everyone! I’m excited to share my latest and first project —a visual novel inspired by games like Summertime Saga and Insexual Awakening. While I've created smaller games in the past, this is my first major venture into this genre. I’m currently in early development and hope to release a demo version soon!

Story Overview

Opening: Your parents have mysteriously divorced 2 years ago

Ever since, you've been living with your father in another city
far from the family and friends you once knew.

But now.... Summer Break has finally arrived bringing with it a new opportunity with your father
having to travel away for work.

You're set to spend the entire summer with your mother and sisters

People who have grealy missed you and perhaps hold the key to the truth you've been seeking.....

Your Mission:

As you navigate this summer, your goal is to uncover what really happened while rebuilding relationships with your family and old friends.

Characters:

Anna: Your older sister, feeling abandoned and resentful towards you.
Yuri: Your eager younger sister, whose desire to reconnect may feel overwhelming.
Isabelle: Your mother, sweet and caring, but struggling with loneliness and the pressure to make everything perfect.
Aunt: (planned)
Fantasy characters through comic books that you can buy (planned), characters you should expect will be albedo (overlord), isabelle (animal crossing, makima (chainsaw man) etc.
Gameplay features:

This game will blend visual novel storytelling with RPG and sandbox elements. You’ll have the opportunity to collect items, manage resources, complete minigames and also buy comic books that will blend in some fantasy characters into the game with their complete own short storyline you will explore these new stories through the POV of a comic book (not to be worried this doesn't mean the main story will be lacking or anything like that):

Example sketches:

1725152326943.png 1725152354217.png 1725152397366.png

Planned tags are the following (some of them are already done) :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Discord if you want to follow updates/chat with me :
Twitter:

Patreon:

Let me know what you guys think!

(The game will be free but I will open a patreon once I release the demo version for those who want to support me and make sure I continue projects like this , I will personally upload every update onto the site but patreons will have a week early access)
1725158409613.png
1725158483242.png

Last edited:

EthanKrautz

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2020
It seems interesting, but what kind of genres would there be, apart from incest, of course? :unsure:
Be careful of Shota-kun's appearance, that is if you want the game to be available here.

theyakuzi

Jun 4, 2021
It seems interesting, but what kind of genres would there be, apart from incest, of course? :unsure:
Be careful of Shota-kun's appearance, that is if you want the game to be available here.
It's going to be very similar to insexual awakening and Summer memories and such if you've played those games so it will be heavily focused around the family content, I've included some of the scenes in my post that I'm planning but I'm open to any ideas on my discord. Mostly you will be immersing in a story but I will be most likely including actual gameplay features similar to Life in woodchester but no annoying grindy mechanics, I want to focus mostly on a good story

Last edited:

theyakuzi

Jun 4, 2021
Also thanks for the heads up, it kinda works weirdly on here as I'm not even sure how some of these games are approved.
I guess you're fine as long as you don't have anything hinting their real age

EthanKrautz

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2020
Also thanks for the heads up, it kinda works weirdly on here as I'm not even sure how some of these games are approved.
I guess you're fine as long as you don't have anything hinting their real age
Yes, but sometimes that doesn't work, you'd have to ask one of the mods, showing your designs. In this case, I think it would be the MC and the other sister.
I say this, since in Insexual Awakening there are the twin sister and the cousin who are on par with the MC in appearance (you know what I mean), but one thing is a drawing like that and another AI, where they usually look too "real"?

theyakuzi

Jun 4, 2021
Yes, but sometimes that doesn't work, you'd have to ask one of the mods, showing your designs. In this case, I think it would be the MC and the other sister.
I say this, since in Insexual Awakening there are the twin sister and the cousin who are on par with the MC in appearance (you know what I mean), but one thing is a drawing like that and another AI, where they usually look too "real"?
I could quote plenty of games that have literal references to the characters being underaged and looking like children(Daily lives of my countryside) and a huge pile of RPGM games (i know this because I played every shota game that exists) and the style I’m using is not really realistic at all so I think I’ll be fine, but for double the safety I’ll ask a moderator sometime

Reactions: EthanKrautz

EthanKrautz

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2020
I could quote plenty of games that have literal references to the characters being underaged and looking like children(Daily lives of my countryside) and a huge pile of RPGM games (i know this because I played every shota game that exists) and the style I’m using is not really realistic at all so I think I’ll be fine, but for double the safety I’ll ask a moderator sometime
That's the important thing, and that's fine. There's nothing like making sure before you jump into the ring, I say this because I've done it with 2 of my games too.

Reactions: theyakuzi

theyakuzi

Jun 4, 2021
Good news! Another developer has joined w me to help me save more time with coding, this should quicken up the game’s development process, we’re aiming for a demo release before October

Reactions: John573

theyakuzi

Jun 4, 2021
Mostly been writing the story these past few days and a main plot, still waiting for substar to approve me so i can post there (sub will be free) the UI for the game is partly done , the intro is also somewhat done it'll be short , straight to the point and unskippable

theyakuzi

Jun 4, 2021
Soon i will be updating this thread revealing the main plot and all the characters the game will include on launch

Reactions: John573

theyakuzi

Jun 4, 2021
WIP main menu , better quality preview on my discord